Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bringing it on...

Three days down. Life is good. I'm not going to say this isn't a surprise.... I really thought this would be more difficult. 

I've replaced meds with exercise. Signed up for a 5K in August. Did I ever mention that prior to this morning, I swore I would only run if I was being chased by a zombie or a guy with a chainsaw? This will be interesting. So, we can add "training for a 3.2 mile run and trying not to kill myself in the process" to the list of hectics. 

I do admit, my brain was a little fuzzy today. But I blame the fact that, in spite of the 2-hour delay for school, I got up early and exercised with Shaun T before work today. Tomorrow will be no different. That man calls to me at 5 AM tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe I should already be in bed! 

The good news is that I have been awesomely calm today. No flying off the handle at the bickering little people, no panicking (even though there is MUCH REASON to be panicked, I won't bore you more, slept great last night, and have had NO stomach troubles at all today. I've made the right choice here. Doctors don't always know best. 

Back to watching the snowflakes pile up. My biggest short guy said it best this morning: "All of this snow is AWESOME. But the super cold and crazy wind takes the fun out of it." I agree. Bring on the sunshine!

Warm thoughts,
Hectic Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment