Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Not losing track of HAPPY

I'm not going to lie; today was difficult. But I'm not jumping to conclusions. Didn't sleep well last night. I've been cranky, emotional. Today had its share of stressful opportunity. But none of it set me off (except maybe, the short people bickering today.... but that never changes, so it seems irrelevant.)

My youngest has growing pains. I feel helpless because the only thing I can really do about it is console him. I snuggle him a little tighter because it's apparent that my baby is growing up. I see what a loving, generous, goofy little guy he is and I'm proud. Such an independent little fella. He amazes me with his quirky tactics.

My tallest short boy is such an instigator! But he's got a fantastic imagination. He's funny and sweet, and he is always trying to make me happy.

Happy... that's really what it's all about, isn't it? By that measure, I am rich beyond belief.

So for today, HAPPY wins. Maybe a narrow victory, but a victory no less. I chose this victory.... I can continue to choose HAPPY. And I will...

Patiently waiting for spring,
Hectic Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment