Thursday, February 20, 2014

Withdrawal, schmithdrawal

Everything I have read tells me not to stop "cold turkey." Withdrawal symptoms can be severe and may last up to TWO WEEKS! I suppose I am having some symptoms: moderate mood swings and dizziness/ lightheaded feeling. Nothing that's not manageable. 

Today was one of those days that feels as if it's on the verge of spinning out of control. Work and projects piled up with no rhyme or reason. It seemed like there was so much that I had to get done but I was losing ground as things were added to the list. Then, all at once, it all came together. Like a snap of the fingers, everything fell into place and I realized how much good I accomplished today. 

Rain pours over the stale snow, creating a slushy mess that even the dog won't enjoy. Lightning strikes once, twice. Then a rumble of thunder that is not distant. The house shakes in response, and a smile crosses my face. Just like the spontaneous birdsong I heard two days ago at first light, this thunderstorm whispers sweet reminders of the impending season. Spring. 

I close my eyes, and I can almost smell the new leaves and blossoms. I can feel the sun kissing my nose. Oh, how I look forward to spring. This winter was pretty typical. But we've been spoiled by short, mild winters lately; so this year seems brutal. Twenty-seven days until calendar spring. 

Happiness:5
Hectic Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment