Sunday, February 16, 2014

Put your foot in the air!

I'm laid up. Yep, couch bound for today. I'm not sick, not feeling lazy. I have a LOT to accomplish today: tutoring session, my own homework, laundry piles as tall as I am, feed these people I live with.... but I'm on the couch with my foot in the air. What happened? I kicked the dog. Before you call the animal police, I assure you that I didn't do it on purpose. That crazy pup was nipping at my ankles and I ever-so-lightly used my foot to push him aside. But it didn't go down that way. He nipped as I kicked. And my ankle caught his crushing jaw and all those pointy teeth. No blood, didn't even break the skin. But that ankle bubbled up and bruised almost instantly, and I've been on the couch ever since. (insert sigh) The small people are taking advantage of my gimpiness. Nothing is getting done. Happiness is hard for me to find today.

What I haven't mentioned is that last night was the first time in TWENTY MONTHS that I CHOSE not to take my little pink "happy pill." I am going completely A.M.A and throwing them out the window. The past few months I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a hunger that is simply indescribable. If I don't eat right then, the pain gets worse and I don't go back to sleep. I have gained way more weight than I care to admit. If I take said pill in the morning, I am sleepy all day. Simply put, it is no longer doing its job. So I fired it. And today was admittedly a little rough. I blame the dog. :-)

Tomorrow is a new day. Day 2. Deep breaths...

Here's to a happy tomorrow,
Ad

No comments:

Post a Comment